Remember To Bring along your photo ID when you are buying a vehicle.
You may use any of the following types of identification:
- Driver license or state identification certificate issued by a state or territory of the U.S.
- U.S. or foreign passport
- U.S. military ID
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization ID or identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security ID
- U.S. Department of State ID
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services document
How do I make a surety bond claim?
Many independent dealers are required to have a surety bond, and these dealers must post a bond notice at their business location near their dealer license. This notice includes contact information for the dealer’s bond company so customers have the information necessary to file a claim.
The surety bond requirement applies to all GDN license types except for Trailer/Semitrailer and Non-Motorized Travel Trailer. The bond requirement does not apply to Franchised dealers issued a GDN license associated to a Franchised dealer license.
If bond information is not posted in the dealer’s office, motorists can submit a Public Information Act (PIA) request to get the name of the dealer’s bond company.
Need a Replacement Title?
Fill out an Application for a Certified Copy of Title (Form VTR-34), and submit it to your Regional Service Center. Or mail the application to:
1601 Southwest Parkway, Suite A
Wichita Falls, TX 76302